Is transporting your car the biggest worry about your move to or from Baltimore? Then relying on a professional Maryland auto transport is your best bet! It won’t just put a brake to your worries, but will also make your move hassle-free and convenient.
However, the challenge is to hire “professional” car shipping companies Maryland. To be clear, there are several car shipping companies out there to suit your needs, but probably do not have your best interest in mind.
Benefits of hiring“professional” auto transport companies Maryland
- You can avoid the unwanted wear and tear to your vehicle.
- Your mind will be at peace, considering your vehicle is in good hands.
- You will save a lot of money with their transparent rates.
- Your car will be taken care of with professional expertise.
- Your car will be under the best insurance.
- You will have the flexibility to choose from their services.
But what happens if your car ends up in wrong hands? Let’s have a look at some of the instances.
Challenges faced if you do not choose the right shipping company
- There are several fraudulent moving services out there that offer a seemingly affordable rate with a hidden quote and a hidden fee. That way, the shipping price shoots up beyond your expectations, and you will have no choice but to go along with it.
- Your car will be susceptible to risks of damage by unprofessional auto transporters Maryland .
- The car transport will be delayed if they fail to provide the exact time of delivery with a whole list of excuses.
- If there is a communication gap between you and the auto transport Maryland, then you will undoubtedly be worried about your car till it is delivered.
- Misunderstanding and delivering the car to the wrong destination is the biggest disaster made by some car shipping companies Maryland.
How to choose the right auto transport company in Maryland?
- Formulate a list of companies that provide services as per your needs
First of all, enlist all the services you may need from the auto transport companies Maryland and then make a list of local car movers Maryland that provide those services.
For example, your primary prerequisite is having your car shipped in enclosed auto transport. In that case, your list should have only those companies that offer enclosed auto shipping Maryland.
- Take customer ratings and reviews seriously
In some cases, especially while online shopping, we tend to disregard customer ratings and reviews, thinking that those are based on an individual’s taste. For car shipping Maryland that may not be the case as customer reviews will show you the true nature of the auto transport companies Maryland.
If you are still not convinced, be sure by asking your family and friends about their services in case they have any prior experience with them. Strike out the companies with low ratings and quality from your list and move on to the next one.
- Avoid the companies that prefer wire transfer as the mode of payment
Most legit car movers Maryland ask for payment via cash, credit card, or cheques. Any company asking for wire transfers is probably untrustworthy. If they do, strike that name off your list to avoid taking a risk.
- Check for a valid Motor Carrier Number
All the auto transporters Maryland must have an MC number is regulated by the Department of Transportation. If they don’t, they are undoubtedly a fraudulent company. A legitimate company will provide this number instantly.
Furthermore, validate the authenticity of this number. Visit the website of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s Electronic Records by the Department of Transportation to do so.
If you have found the perfect company for auto shipping Maryland, then you must ensure a seamless experience by being prepared from your end as well. You have as much duty as the car transport Maryland to have your vehicle transported safely.
How to prepare your vehicle for shipping?
- Clean and wash your vehicle, both inside and out. Remove all the accessories of the car, such as antennas, luggage racks, bike racks, spoilers, etc.
- Remove personal items from your car, including the items inside the trunk. Auto transport companies Maryland do not take responsibility for any loss or damage to your personal property.
- Ensure that the gas tank is no fuller than one-fourth. Car shipping companies Maryland often charge additionally for exceeding this limit.
- Check the fluid levels and also ensure that there are no leaks.
- Inspect your car for existing damages before shipping. Taking pictures of your vehicle from all the angles is probably a good idea for evidence.
- Disable the car alarm as otherwise, it will cause a delay in your car shipping process.
- If your car is a convertible, secure the top to avoid damage from air, debris or even moisture.
If the above points are followed to precision, you won’t have to worry about your car when it’s on the way to or from Baltimore, Maryland.
Mary is a 30 years old freelance writer for more than 10 years now, and she’s been writing in many fields, but mostly she wrote for a local journal on a daily basis for more than 5 years. Now she’s a great expert in the transportation and logistics field in the most progressive shipping company in the USA “Shipaa”. Follow her to find out a lot of great details about the transportation field, tips and tricks that will help everyone who wants to have a great experience using shipping services.